The woman who says Trey Songz attacked her during NBA All-Star weekend has received a restraining order. The alleged victim’s attorney, Lisa Bloom, shared a statement on social media. She said:
“We obtained the restraining order against Trey Songz this morning. There’s no excuse for violence against women. It must stop. It stops when when stand with victims.”
Prior to receiving the restraining order, Bloom stated:
“We are in court this morning for a restraining order to protect my client’s rights to peacefully live and work without the threat of violence. There’s no excuse for violence against women. And curiously, I don’t see a denial from his lawyer.”
The singer’s attorney, Shawn Holley, says that the he has not spoken with the alleged victim since the incident. The woman claims that earlier this month, the 33-year-old singer hit her in the face in Los Angeles, at a party in the Hollywood Hills.
The woman’s identity has not yet been revealed. She claims that she and Trigga had been “friends for years,” and he became enraged when the victim began talking to one of his friends. Bloom says:
“He called her names, choked her and repeatedly punched her in the face. Several people were present and no one helped her. When she took out her phone to call an Uber to get out of there, he threw her phone off a cliff to prevent her from leaving. She took out a second phone and he threw that off the cliff as well.”
Trey has yet to release a statement, but tweeted the following:
This isn’t Songz’s first time having legal issues. In December 2016, he was arrested and charged with aggravated assault, and assaulting a police officer causing injury, following a performance in Detroit. The singer is alleged to have “began throwing objects after the venue cut his concert short due to an 11:30 pm curfew” and to have “struck an officer with his fist”.
On August 18, 2017, he pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 18 months of probation, and was required to complete anger management classes and pay restitution for the incident.